This cookie recipe uses a ripe avocado to take the place of some of the butter found in most cookie recipes.
The avocado gives the cookies a smoother texture without contributing too much to the flavor profile. And no, the cookies won’t come out green.
- 2 1/4 cup flour (I used a mix of what and white)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ripe avocado
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except pecans, chocolate chips and cinnamon chips. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Use a spoon to scoop batter into 1/2-inch rounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden-brown around the edges. Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
These cookies are very simple and can go from mixing bowl to oven to plate in about 30 minutes.
Enjoy them with a big glass of milk.