No picnic is complete without deviled eggs. And what better way to take deviled eggs to another level than by adding bacon and jalapeño?
These Bacon-Jalapeño Deviled Eggs are sure to disappear very quickly so be prepared to whip up some more. Luckily, they’re very simple.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 4 TBSP mayonaisse
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Paprika, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut up bacon and place in a oven-safe pan. Bake bacon for roughly 20-25 minutes or until crispy throughout. Remove from oven and cool on a paper towel-lined plate. Once cooled, cut into small pieces.
- Remove the yolks from the hard-boiled eggs and place in a mixing bowl.
- To the yolks, add salt, garlic powder, chili powder, jalapeño and most of the bacon (save some bacon for later).
- Mash/mix all ingredients with large fork. Gradually incorporate mayo until a fluffy mixture is formed. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Using a pasty bag (or a Ziploc bag with a corner cut off), place yolk mixture into bag and squeeze into boiled egg white centers.
- Garnish with remaining bacon and dust with paprika.
Once the bacon is cooked, preparing these deviled eggs takes no time at all. And you’ll get a lot of flavor for a little time.
This is a dish you can take to any party. I guarantee they’ll be a hit.