Honestly, I’m not sure I’ll ever post a recipe easier than this one. If you can’t make it, there may be no hope left for you in the culinary arena.
Regardless of the difficulty (or lack thereof), this appetizer goes great with the bubbly which is a huge plus around New Year’s. Give it a try before 2012 gets here.
- 2 pears, quartered (cut into a total of 8 slices)
- 4 slices of prosciutto, halved
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP sugar cane vinegar (or other sweet vinegar)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, for garnish (optional)/li>
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Wrap prosciutto around pear slices and place on a serving plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sugar cane vinegar.
Aside from being super easy to make, these Prosciutto-Wrapped Pears have a nice savory/sweet combo working. They are appropriate for nearly any party.
And like I mentioned earlier, they go really well with champagne. Cheers.