Honestly, I’m not sure I’ll ever post a recipe easier than this one. If you can’t make it, there may be no hope left for you in the culinary arena.
Regardless of the difficulty (or lack thereof), this appetizer goes great with the bubbly which is a huge plus around New Year’s. Give it a try before 2012 gets here.
- 2 pears, quartered (cut into a total of 8 slices)
- 4 slices of prosciutto, halved
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP sugar cane vinegar (or other sweet vinegar)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, for garnish (optional)/li>
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Wrap prosciutto around pear slices and place on a serving plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sugar cane vinegar.
Aside from being super easy to make, these Prosciutto-Wrapped Pears have a nice savory/sweet combo working. They are appropriate for nearly any party.
And like I mentioned earlier, they go really well with champagne. Cheers.
March 1, 2012 at 1:31 pm
A perfect combination!
March 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm
Prosciutto-Wrapped Pears? AWESOME. I’ve heard of Prosciutto-Wrapped Melon, but never pears. And I am thinking that pears — at least if they are a bit hard would be helpful in getting my teeth through the prosciutto! With the melon it just kind of slides of in one big piece and I am left with a naked melon slice.