What do you do when you’ve got some extra summer peaches on hand? You make peach pie.
This recipe for Easy Peach Pie couldn’t be much, well, easier. It reminds of the peach pie I ate growing up when I spent many hours in the kitchen of the Mennonite family who helped raise my sister and me.
- 5 fresh peaches
- 2 eggs
- 1 pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 TBSP flour
- 4 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Slice peaches and place in a large bowl. Toss with 1/2 cup of sugar. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll out the pie dough and put into a pie dish. Fill the shell with peaches.
- Beat the eggs then add the flour and remaining sugar. Pour the mixture of the peaches.
- Pour milk over mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 15 minutes at 450F, then 45 minutes at 350F.
- Turn oven off and let pie cool in oven or remove and let cool on a wire rack.
This is great peach pie recipe that isn’t too sweet and really let’s the peaches take center stage. You can serve it hot or cold and garnish with ice cream or whipped cream if you want.
It’s summer and peaches are in season so I recommend making this Easy Peach Pie before they go out of season. Also, I highly recommend organic peaches if you can get them.
June 26, 2012 at 12:16 pm
Reblogged this on The ObamaCrat.Com™ and commented:
PIE!!!! Thank you Po’ Boy Livin Rich….I LOVE Pie.