I can’t take credit for this dessert. This one was made by my dear friend Annie Flettrich for one of our Sunday movie nights. She made this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Trifle and it was amazing so I’m sharing with the world.
My love of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups is well-known and this dessert satisfied my love of Reese’s. It’s so light and airy that you totally forget about all the calories.
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- 2 (3-ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (crushed)
- Crumble the angel food cake and set aside.
- Beat the chocolate pudding mix and milk together until blended.
- Beat together one cup of Cool Whip and all of peanut butter.
- In a large trifle bowl, layer 1/2 the crumbled cake, half the chocolate pudding and half the peanut butter mixture.
- Smooth half of remaining Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with half of crushed Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Repeat with another layer of cake, chocolate pudding, peanut butter mixture, Cool Whip and Reese’s.
- Chill for four to six hours or overnight then serve.
Chocolate and peanut butter is a food lover’s dream combo. At least, for me, it is. So this dessert is perfect for the chocolate and peanut butter lovers.
If I could serve it to trick or treaters by plopping a spoonful in their bags, I would, but I guess I’ll have to buy some other candy this year. This is great for adult trick or treaters though.