Halloween’s only a couple days away so here’s a quick recipe that uses a total of five ingredients. That’s it — nothing to be spooked about when making these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple-Pumpkin Pie Spice Frosting.
You can decorate them with inedible plastic Halloween decorations or use decorations of the edible variety. These cupcakes don’t set as well as cupcakes made with a traditional batter, but these are easier so it’s a trade-off.
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree and yellow cake mix and mix together well. This batter will be thick.
- Scoop one heaping TBSP of cake batter for each cupcake into a cupcake liner-lined muffin or cupcake tin.
- While cupcakes are baking, mix together vanilla frosting, pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Transfer into a pastry bag if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool for 5-10 minutes then top with frosting.
- Repeat until no batter remains.
You’ll probably have some of the Maple-Pumpkin Pie Spice frosting let so feel free to use if for other dishes. These cupcakes don’t rise that much so try and fill up the cupcake lines about 3/4 way to the top.
These Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple-Pumpkin Pie Spice Frosting may be light on ingredients, but they’re high on ease and simplicity and taste. They’re perfect to take to a Halloween party when you don’t have time to make something very elaborate. Honestly, no one will ever know how simple they are. Happy Halloween!