I semi-obsessed with Funfetti cake mix and I fully intended to make Funfetti cupcakes this past weekend, but decided to mix things up and try out some Funfetti Blondies.
The Funfetti experiment was a hit. You get the full-on taste with a firmer texture. Sadly, some of the color is lacking, but this is still a great dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- Seeds from one vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 TBSP sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, egg yolk, brown sugar and vanilla bean seeds.
- Whisk in the melted butter until combined.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and Funfetti cake mix, stirring to mix.
- Slowly mix the flour/cake mixture into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Stir in 2 TBSP of the sprinkles (save the remaining TBSP).
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
Aside from Funfetti’s awesomeness in the cake world, it’s also pretty damn delicious. And while this recipe isn’t cheap on the calorie scale, it’s worth it on the taste scale.
I found these Funfetti Blondies to be pretty sweet so I didn’t add frosting on top, but if you want to add some rainbow chip or vanilla icing, it will make them even more decadent.