This is one salad that’s perfect for Summer. It’s also full of healthy ingredients and won’t blow your daily calorie intake.
This Watermelon, Cucumber and Feta Salad is perfect for picnics, backyard barbecues and even a weeknight dinner. It has a nice crunch and even better taste. Plus, no cooking required!
- 6 cups watermelon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cucumber, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 TBSP freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut up all the fruit and herbs and mix in a large bowl.
- Add in feta cheese, salt, pepper and vinegar then toss well to mix.
- Serve and enjoy.
That’s it. Super simple, right? If virtually impossible to mess up.
You can play around with the amount of herbs, salt, pepper and vinegar to add based on your taste preferences. I’ve found it doesn’t keep too well so I would eat it within two days of making. Otherwise, it gets a little soggy. It’s so good it’ll probably be gone in one sitting anyway.