Love Nutella? Welcome to the club! Not a fan of Nutella? I’m not even sure what to say to you and this recipe isn’t for you.
If you are part of the club, you’ll love this recipe for Nutella Swirl Pound Cake. Talk about delicious, rich and decadent.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 jar of Nutella (13 oz.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the egg mixture until full incorporated.
- In three batches, beat in the flour mixture until incorporated.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter into the loaf pan then spread half the Nutella on top. Repeat with another 1/3 of the batter and the remaining Nutella. Top with the remaining 1/3 of the batter.
- Lightly swirl the Nutella into the batter with a knife. Careful not to overmix.
- Bake the cake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a wire rack or plate, turn it right side up and let cool completely, about 2 hours. Cut the cake into slices and serve.
Letting the Nutella Swirl Pound Cake cool for those two long, grueling hours while you salivate and smell the deliciousness is going to be the hardest part.
This is one of the best pound cakes I’ve ever had. I had two servings on the spot. You don’t need to garnish it with anything. It’s good enough to devour all on its own.