If you’re looking for a simple and cost-efficient dessert that isn’t loaded with sugar and pairs well with any fruit (though this recipe specifically calls for peaches), this tart is ideal.
The hardest part is the crust. But if you’re apprehensive to make the crust from scratch, I’m sure a pre-made crust of your choosing will suffice.
- 2 cups of vanilla wafers (trust me when I tell you the Whole Foods brand is heads and tails above Nila Wafers)
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Chobani plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine vanilla wafers with pecans, 2 tablespoons of sugar in food processor and process until fine (be carefully not to overprocess). Add melted butter and process until crumbs are moistened. Press crumbs into 1/2 thick layer in 9-inch pan. Bake 10 minutes or until crust sets.
- While crust is baking, clean out food processor. Add cream cheese, Chobani plain Greek yogurt, egg and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Process until smooth.
- After removing crust from the oven, pour the custard into the crust and bake an additional 15 minutes until it sets. Place tart in freezer to cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss peaches with remaining sugar. Arrange peaches as pictured. Cut tart into wedges and serve.
This tart really does make an excellent addition to any dinner party. In lieu of peaches, I would suggest berries, bananas, or possibly mango.
September 22, 2011 at 2:46 pm
This looks simply fantastic!
September 22, 2011 at 3:59 pm
Thanks! It could use one of your fabulous looking crusts.