Is there a better fruit combo than strawberry and banana? I’m not sure there is after making and eating this Strawberry-Banana Bread.
The fresh Louisiana strawberries certainly didn’t hurt. This is a bread that will disappear very quickly. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch or a mid-day snack.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 stick of butter (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease 3 loaf pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, mashed bananas and strawberries then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix Greek yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon followed by salt, baking soda and flour.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Divide evenly between the three loaf pans.
- Bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in loaf pans for 45 minutes to an hour then slice and serve.
You can also freeze the loaves for later use like when strawberries aren’t in season.
This Strawberry-Banana bread is a great Spring treat. It’s one of the easiest bread recipes imaginable.