Summer’s almost here which means two of my favorite Summer fruits are coming into season. Which two? Blueberries and peaches. This recipe for Blueberry-Peach Cobbler combines both to create an amazing dessert.
It cooks to perfection in an iron skillet, but a baking dish will do just as well. The best part is that it’s one of the easiest desserts you can possibly make.
- 2 fresh peaches, cut up into chunks
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat the butter in a 10- or 12-inch skillet.
- Add blueberries, peaches and brown sugar. Cook, stirring gently, until berries and peaches start to soften.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and white sugar.
- Add milk and combine to create a batter.
- Spoon batter across fruit mixture evenly. You can drag a spoon through the mixture to create some blue streaks to give it a better look if you want.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until fruit is bubbling and top is golden and crisp.
- Let cool slightly, serve and top with whipped cream or ice cream.
I topped mine with some Blue Bell Vanilla Bean ice cream and it was delicious. I’m sure whipped cream is just as great.
If you need to use a baking dish, just put the cooked fruit on the bottom then top with the batter. I would highly recommend using a skillet to bake it in though.