I would say I’ve been slacking with blogging, but I just honestly haven’t had the time. But I’m back on it…I promise.
Since I’m short on time, a lot of my meals have to be prepped and cooked in a hurry, including this Tuna and Spicy Mustard Penne Pasta. You can go from start to finish in 15 minutes without sacrificing flavor with this recipe.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 5-ounce cans of tuna (in oil)
- 2 TBSP whole grain mustard (I always use Creole mustard)
- 2 TBSP chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the penne pasta until al dente, reserving one cup of pasta water before draining..
- Drain the tuna, reserving the oil in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, break up the tuna pieces and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the reserved oil with the mustard over low heat.
- Add the drained pasta and tuna to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Add the pasta water as necessary to create a sauce that clings to the pasta noodles.
- Toss in the chopped parsley, mix to combine and serve.
In a way, this is a sort of quick tuna casserole, just without all the baking and extra calories that come with it.
If you’re still sticking strong to your New Year’s resolutions, this recipe is also light on the waistline since it doesn’t involve cheese, cream or butter. Next time you’re in a hurry, give it a try and you’ll realize you can create bold flavors in a short amount of time.