I like most of my recipes, but I’m in love with this recipe. I used the fresh ingredients I got from the farmer’s market to take this pork chops to another level.
Full disclosure: I used pineapple pepper jelly from the farmer’s market. However, I’m sure any regular pepper jelly will do.
I highly recommend using bone-in pork chops. The flavor is really intense if you cook them with the bone in.
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 peach, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup pepper jelly
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season pork chops with desired amount of salt and pepper..
- Melt butter in a skillet with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Drop in pork chops and cook, turning to cook all sides evenly. Pork chops will be ready when a meat thermometer registers a temperature of at least 145F.
- Remove pork chops from skillet and place in an oven to keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium-low heat, sauté peaches and pepper jelly until a reduction has formed.
- Remove pork chops from oven, plate and spoon peach-pepper jelly reduction onto each one then serve.
This is a pretty easy dish with a lot of flavors. These Peach-Pepper Jelly Pork Chops are perfect for a summer dinner party. I served mine with fresh green beans from my mom’s garden.
If you can find pineapple pepper jelly, use it. If not, don’t be discouraged and use whatever you can get to create this sweet heat pork chop dish.